Wednesday, May 24, 2017

My Final Afternoon May 19, 2017


My best friend in the whole wide world, John, picked me up and took me outside. He laid me down on the front lawn and laid down beside me. I felt the warmth of the sun on my back and the cool green grass beneath me; as I breathed in the fresh air and smelled the flowers around us.

While my best friend  proceeded to tell me how much he loved me, he petted me behind my ears. I so love the way that feels. When he stopped, I gently placed my paw on his hand. He always knew that meant, “more”, and, as always, he continued.

John told me I was the best doggie in the world. Not a day went by that I didn’t hear those words…and I never got tired of hearing them.

I spoke to John through my eyes and said,

“You will always be my best friend. I felt loved every day of my life. I will miss our walks, our talks, but, most of all, I will miss you.”

Casper

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Final Afternoon May 19, 2017

My best friend in the whole wide world, John, picked me up and took me outside. He laid me down on the front lawn and laid down beside me....